Become a Volunteer
If you are interested in volunteering at the Wilmington Wine & Food Festival please submit the application form below by Friday, March 31st, 2017.
Please note: Only a limited number of volunteers will be accepted for each shift time, on an as needed basis. All volunteers must be at least 21 years old. Please check all of the dates/times you would be available to volunteer using the form below. Volunteers will be notified by April 8th if preferred times are available. Please see shift times/duties below.
Event Setup Crew:These volunteers will work as a team to get the event facility ready, performing duties including, but not limited to: Moving & setting up tables, chairs and linens, moving wine into place, setting up merchandise, wine glasses and ticket stations, hanging banners and signs, moving ice, placing trash cans. Recommended clothing: your official volunteer shirt, black pants or shorts, supportive shoes.
Event Support Crew:These volunteers will work to keep the event running smoothly. Roles include, but are not limited to: Welcoming and directing patrons, assisting with will-call, taking tickets, distributing programs and glasses, and selling merchandise/raffle tickets. Volunteers will assist in keeping tables clean, dumping spit buckets, emptying trash, replenishing ice, water, plates, and utensils, and keeping trash cans empty . Walking up and down stairs. Recommended clothing: your official volunteer shirt, black pants or shorts, and comfortable shoes as you will most likely be standing for an extended period of time.
Event Breakdown Crew:These volunteers will work to get the event facility cleaned up and secured, performing duties including, but not limited to: Moving & setting up tables and chairs for the next day’s events, removing trash, breaking down boxes, dumping ice in approved areas, emptying trash cans, securing any valuables into storage, and picking up all litter from the grounds. Recommended clothing: your official volunteer shirt, black pants or shorts, supportive shoes.
GENERAL VOLUNTEER INFORMATION & POLICIES:
- Volunteers must be at least 21 years old.
- Volunteer roles include no monetary compensation.
- Volunteer shifts will be approximately 4 hours each. Please report in 15 minutes prior to scheduled shift.
- Volunteers will be asked to attend one 30 minute training session and pass an online ABC certification course prior to the festival.
- Failure to perform duties as expected/required may result in my dismissal from the Volunteer Program and will affect future placement in the Volunteer Program.
- Volunteers must complete festival volunteer assignment in a satisfactory way (reporting on time for shifts, staying the entire shift, reporting for all shifts, wearing assigned volunteer identification during shift, respecting other volunteers, staff, performers, and patrons of the festival).
- Use of alcohol and/or controlled substances before or while on duty is strictly prohibited. Violators will be subject to immediate dismissal from the Volunteer Program.
- Please wear comfortable, closed toe shoes and all black.